Classic Remodeling NW, Inc. announces the offering of design-build services to Everett property owners. This service combines a project’s design and construction phases under one roof, often resulting in a streamlined process and cost savings.
What Are the Responsibilities of a Design-Build Firm?
Design-build firms take control of the entire process, giving homeowners a single point of contact to manage a project from start to finish, in contrast to working with separate companies, including architects, designers, and builders. By providing homeowners with a one-stop shop for design-build contractors in Everett, communication and project management are vastly improved.
The responsibilities of a design-build firm can include everything from drafting blueprints to applying the final coat of paint and everything in between. A design-build firm helps:
- Bring a homeowner’s vision to life
- Simplify project management
- Expedite project completion
- Keep project costs in check
How Does a Design and Build Contract Work?
A design-build contract rolls the work of an architect and the contractor into a single entity. This arrangement is becoming increasingly common because it streamlines logistics and communication. Instead of having two separate companies work on different phases of the project, homeowners only have to deal with one person or team.
This synergistic combination is also likely to lead to significant cost savings. According to Contract Counsel, clients who hire a design-build company in Everett can save 6% to 10% of the total project cost.
In addition to saving money, homeowners can also reduce risk by bringing on a design-build firm. Traditionally, the homeowner would assume the risk of issues with design and miscommunication between contractors and architects. In a design-build contract, that risk shifts to the design-build firm.
What Is the Difference Between Design-Build and General Construction?
As the name suggests, the difference between design-build firms and general construction companies is the design aspect. Design-build firms handle both the design and the construction. Instead of bringing in a construction team after the plans are made, contractors work side-by-side with architects and designers to help ensure a seamless project with minimal hiccups or surprises.
Three other notable differences include:
- Cost reductions: When the team drafting the design is the same one that will be completing the work, there tends to be a more cohesive plan that reduces change orders. The architect and contractor can sort out any issues before construction begins.
- Efficiency: Because everyone involved in the project is on the same team, work can get done faster. Furthermore, the homeowner doesn’t have to serve as a middleman between the two firms.
- Proactive issue management: The unified team not only helps with speed and communication, but it also prevents several issues from arising. As the project progresses, the designers and contractors can discuss any changes, working with a single goal.
How to Choose the Right Design-Build Firm in Everett
The best way to find the right design-build firm in Everett is to take a systematic approach that involves some investigative work and a lot of interviews. Because a design-build project is a significant undertaking, it’s vital to do due diligence to find the right fit.
The first step in choosing a quality design-build firm is to consider the overall project. Define goals, and determine what success looks like. Homeowners should ensure that the design-build firm has the experience and capabilities to complete its vision.
Once the project scope is defined, it’s time to start interviewing prospective firms. There’s a lot to ask, including the following:
- How skilled is the team? Look for long-term employees who are experts in their craft.
- What is the design process? Inquire about communication styles and set expectations.
- How much will it cost? Cost is just one factor, but it’s helpful in comparing options.
- Is the company insured? The answer to this question should be an automatic yes.
After asking questions, the final step before deciding is to check references, reviews, and a gallery of past projects.
Design-Build Company | Classic Remodeling NW, Inc.
To find out more about Classic Remodeling NW, Inc. or discuss the process of hiring design-build contractors in Everett, please contact (425) 375-0601.